Sunday 18 March 2012

All things crafty

There was a table top sale at the local community centre yesterday which induced a flurry of activity.  I wove a number of scarves and made a few brooches which were then displayed on a table along with a friends cushions and other products made from old blankets and another’s rustic willow baskets.  I think there should have been a prize for presentation because I am sure we would have got it.  I’ll post a photo when I have access to a copy.  I spent most of the afternoon in the kitchen.  No sales for me this time but it was an interesting experience and we hope to attend a few local fairs throughout the summer months depending on cost. 

The scarf featured here was handwoven.  The warp and weft are 100% wool that I handspun.   I find spinning and weaving very relaxing.  The brooches are made from sari silk and boiled felt

No comments:

Post a Comment